March 20, 2014: Subsidized Housing Basics, Part 3: HUD Multifamily Programs
This training is the third in a series of webinars designed to assist domestic violence advocates and transitional housing programs in navigating the federally subsidized housing programs that are covered by the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2013. This webinar discusses the major features of six federally subsidized housing programs funded by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD):
• Section 8 project-based housing,
• Section 202 housing for the elderly,
• Section 811 housing for people with disabilities,
• Section 236 multifamily rental housing,
• Section 221(d)(3) Below Market Interest Rate (BMIR) housing, and
We discuss the basics of each program, including: tips for telling what program a client is in; who is eligible for each program; how the admissions process works; how much rent clients pay; rules regarding evictions; and helpful resources.